Here is how I installed Teamviewer 12 on Linux Mint 18.2 64bit:
1. Downloaded Debian package from here
2. Located file in Downloads folder, right-click, “Open with GDebi Package Installer”
3. Ran into issue about missing dependency: libdbus library
4. Ran this as recommended elsewhere, didn’t help: sudo apt-get install -f
5. Found this useful discussion thread and basically ran the first two commands recommended, then re-attempted install through package manager successfully.
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 sudo apt-get update